Re: Is the Erie east of Bingo next? Re: (erielack) NS Buffalo Line Changes

In a message dated 7/10/2002 3:28:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
trains_@_robertjohndavis.com writes:

Rob
> I suspect there is also going to be negative impact at Allentown. I would
> not be surprised if Allentown is closed within 2 years as a classification
> yard.

 Naaaaaa

> Norfolk Southern is a north-south company, so getting the line to
> Mickeyville under the horsey flag is a good thing, even if it is only
> trackage rights. Wanna bet the horse is in Montreal by next year?

Before it got CR it might have been classified as an N/S.  Not so today.
They push trains in all directions, and the E/W Pittsburgh line probable
pushes the most.

I don't know if there is any need or reason to go to Montreal now.
Mechanicsville now establishes a competitive Canadian/New England route. CP
would have to throw in the towel on the whole eastern US operations for that
to happen, and that would cost a cash starved NS a whole lot to get just a
little more route miles.

Bob