(erielack) Re: Ghost on the EL.

When I was a kid growing up in Wanaque (WQ) on the Greenwood Lake
Division, We all heard stories of a man named "Fletcher" who roamed the
ROW from the north bridge abutment at the Wanaque River, North to where
Railroad Ave, and the site of the old WQ station was.

"Fletcher" wasn't a ghost, but rather some strange, psycho guy who, if
he caught you, would gut you like a deer, and skin you. Supposedly
carried a knife larger than that of RAMBO.

Remember, this was during the early '80s, and the railroad already left
town permanently, but the ROW was very prominent still, and one could
easily ride their bike on the ROW.

We never saw this "Fletcher" character, but I can tell you what, walking
the ROW back and forth between Railroad Ave, and the Mobil Station (the
all night neighborhood hangout) deffinately kept the hairs on the back
of your neck raised.

Joseph D. Fisher
ELHS #3320

New Jersey Transit / Norfolk Southern