(erielack) EL-CB&Q Merger Ever Proposed?

Dear Group,

I have joined the Burlington Route Historical Society mailgroup on a
temporary basis (I have no particular interest in the CB&Q, other than a
specific topic that prompted me to join the list).

There is currently a discussion of possible CB&Q merger partners other
than those that actually ended up merging to form Burlington Northern
(CB&Q + NP + GN + SP&S).  We are all aware of CB&Q run-through power on
EL freights, and cooperation between EL and CB&Q in forwarding freight
from points west of Chicago to various EL points (mainly Croxton).  But,
did EL management ever give serious consideration to a CB&Q-EL merger?

Cheers,
Alan Samostie
<quahog at sprint.ca>
ELHS #3178