Re:(erielack) ELHS ??

Howdy, Daniel --

You might get a response from your message to this list, but there is also a switch key and lock historical interest group -- or more -- and you might learn something from a Google search.

The "small key" comment is interesting, too.  Someone here might tell you whether the key is for a switch lock or some other piece of equipment.  I always thought switch keys were fairly large.

Randy Brown, ELHS#16
Hi group,

    Have a question maybe a little off topic, has the ERIE LACKAWANNA HISTORICAL SOCIETY changed there attitude from back in the early 1980's I had joined the Society and then mailed them with a question. My granddad worked for the Erie Railroad and we have his old "Erie" switch key it is the small key and I was looking for an Erie lock that it would fit and did they know anybody I could contact for more information. I received a very nasty letter in response to my inquiry that they were all volunteers and not to bother them with questions that they were not there to answer questions. So when they sent there membership renewal notice I responded in a like wise manner.

    I hope they have changed there way of doing business and I might even rejoin.

Thanks

Dan