  From: RBehre8599_@_aol.com
  To: dfargo5133_@_tbscc.com
  Cc: larry.deyoung_@_verizon.net. ; schuyler.larrabee@verizon.net
  Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 5:56 PM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) ELHS ??(2)

  Dan,
  The only 'attitude' we've always had was to try, to the best of our abilities, make the ELHS as enjoyable, affordable, and enhancing an organization as possible that promotes and further educates us about our favorite railroads.

  We do get a number of inquiries, both email and in letter form, asking about a past relative who was associated with, or worked for, the Erie/DL&W/NYS&W/EL, and could we forward the information to them that we have.  Unfortunately, we have very little in terms of employee files within the Archives, and are in many cases unable to help people with inquiries of this nature.  Likewise, requests similiar to yours are equally challenging for similiar reasons - we simply don't have the information.

  I'm sorry we weren't able to assist you with your question regarding your inquiry asking if we know of anyone with an Erie Railroad lock - I personally am not aware of anyone I can refer you to, but perhaps someone on the erielack list knows of someone, and can help you out if you post what it is you're looking for.  Another source would be to try asking around at some of the RR shows, and ask of the folks selling hardware.

  You didn't identify who it was that sent you the response letter, and I'm sorry you came away thinking that we weren't to be bothered - on the contrary, we encourange communication w/members, and although we try to respond back promptly, other personal and professional priorities occassionally sidetrack response time back in a volunteer organization such as ELHS.

  In any case, we're sorry you no longer wish to be a part of the ELHS, but on behalf of the Society, I appreciate the support you provided in the past.

  Take care...

  Rich Behrendt
  ELHS Director

- ---
Virus Database (VPS): 0449-1, 12/02/2004
Tested on: 12/2/2004 9:52:11 PM