From: erielack-owner_@_lists.railfan.net
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.railfan.net]On Behalf Of Tupaczewski, Paul
R (Paul)
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 1:17 PM
To: 'J. Henry Priebe Jr.'; Erie Lackawanna Mail List
Subject: RE: (erielack) ELHS ??

Hnery Priebe wrote:

> I heartily encourage members and non-members alike to share
> their thoughts and ideas with the rest of us. Desiring
> improvement is not a bad thing, no matter what anyone says,
> and much good may come of it.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. With an organization of over 1000 people
(a good percentage of which are on this very list), and with the advent of
the Internet as a relevant and valuable tool for discussion, "group think"
can now be a reality.

The one question I have for the ELHS Board is, why aren't you publicly
participating in discussions here? I know that some Board members privately
E-mail people off-list, but what's the fear in publicly making a statement?
For the most part, the discussions herein have been intelligent and
thought-provoking.

I think that the ELHS members are *owed* a statement by their own
leadership. I know this is often done in the Extra Board, but the problem
with that type of response is that it is a "one-way" discussion. There is no
opportunity for a dialogue to be formed that way. I do want to publicly
thank Rich Behrendt in posting a response to this list for the original
question that was posted - I think this showed a sense of good faith on
Rich's part, and I for one have that much more respect for him.

Just my $0.02...

	- Paul

- ---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.