Re:(erielack) Unansered Questions

Well, here we go again!

As member #16, having been here from before year 2, I offer a viewpoint:

He said -- she said -- I want -- you want --

And that's my question.  WHAT DO YOU WANT?

We read that the ELHS must change to survive.  OK . . .

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Put forth a proposal that produces real progress.  Remember -- all progress is change, but not all change is progress.

More financial reports?  Not for me, thank you!  If Andover Junction is happy, and if we can pay for it, why worry?  Maybe Maple Corners Mimeograph could do it cheaper, but do we want that?

Do we want to buy a dining car?  It's been done.

Do we want to establish archives in a stable educational environment?
We've done that.

Do we want to sell products?  We're doing that, meeting the perceived market.  N scale?  Who wants it?  O scale? Who wants it?  (I do !!!)

Of course, I want Erie. Lackawanna was fun, but Erie Lackawanna is, to me, a degeneration of two grand railroads.

And there's a big part of my point -- each of us wants something, and few coincide perfectly with others.

We've seen much dis-satisfaction with the staus quo, but I've seen little remedy offered.

FOLKS -- IT'S TIME TO BET OR FOLD !!

There are many other aphorisms, but they get get more abrasive.

Let's get something productive going -- or admit that Fargo (who didn't even say "thank you" for the three responses he got!) is right.

If the current board cannot react, I expect someone to propose a NEW historical society to replace this one.  But they must present a program, and a structure, and incentives to members.

ANYBODY ??

Randy Brown, ELHS #16