RE: (erielack) New Athearn GP-35 in EL GMY

> > By the way, it's not "newly retooled," it's an upgrade to the
> > Rail Power Products shell that they got when they bought that
> > company's assets. Still looks darn nice!
>

> Does the RPP shell have shortcomings, and what might they be?

The RPP shell is pretty good, but alas, it isn't a Kato. I'm not sure how
much of the molds Athearn modified (though they've been doing a very good
job on other RPP products). The RPP shells tended to have "heavy" door
latched and grilles, this was the biggest drawback, IMHO.

We shall see. If the quality compares to the redone RPP GP60Ms, I will be
quite happy.

	- Paul

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.