(erielack) Some followup

Let me see if I can answer some of the following:

- --

<< Yes, we need new members.  Don't we?  How many are joining new each year?
How do we get them?  How could we get more? >>

Response:
I don't believe we calibrate our numbers of members who do not renew vs. new
incoming members.  We simply have a running tab of membership numbers that the
next number (regardless of whether it's a new member or an old member who
renews after more than a year) is assigned as applications are recieved.  At
year's end we see where are numbers are vs. past year(s), which over the last
several years has always been in the 1000-1100 range.

The issue of past members who have been away for more than a year renewing
and asking for their old number back, is in my opinion, should not a problem...

- --
 << How many are leaving?  How could we keep them?  >>

Response:  The question of 'how could we keep them' has been a challenging
issue for years, and will continue to be for us and any successful organization.
 People don't renew for various reasons, many too varied to be able to come
up with an end-all solution that will fit all the various reasons people leave
- - some, such as financial or personal, are simply out of our control...maybe
we need to look at some incentive (i.e. discount off your first mail-order
purchase; or the last issue of two of the Diamond mailed to you, etc.) or go to a
multi-year discount renewal rate, etc. - all issues we continue to look at,
both for the positives and negatives.   Got an idea?  We'd like to hear it...

- --

> Again -- I really would like to know what our highest member ID number is.
It would tell us a lot.  It should be
> available from the rolls or the mailing list.

Response:  Unfortunately, I don't know where our numbering system currently
is - I'll contact Bob Rose to see where we currently are...

Rich Behrendt