Re: (erielack) ELHS ??

Gentlemen, both ELHS members and non-members:
      While I am a member of the ELHS (#1226) and also I whole heartedly
support the proposal of a membership elected board, I had to this point
refrained from commenting on this forum which (I think) is comprised mostly
of non-members and to those non-ELHS-members, I apologize for participating
in this, for lack of a better word, "debate??", on your time and space. To
answer Jon Umbdenstock's request, yes Jon, there is already such a forum in
place. The URL is
http://wny.org/EL-Elections/forum/YaBB.cgi
Now, I'll break my own self imposed silence and comment further here. The
reason that I feel it proper to phase in an elected board is that we live in
a Democracy. This is the very concept that we have troops in several foreign
countries for today, fighting for the concept of *Of the People, For the
People and By the People*. I believe it was Henry Priebe who stated that it
wasn't that he wanted to elect anybody *off* the board but that he wanted to
feel that he had been a part of the process of electing the leadership of
our society. I feel exactly the same way. In a Democracy, there are
certainly means to accomplish change. One method would be by petition to the
Board calling for a popular vote referendum on the question. I would
certainly sign such a petition if presented and, yes, I'll vote for the
change also if given that opportunity. Many valid points have been brought
up from both sides but gentlemen (and ladies, too), please......Let's take
this discussion to the proper forum and go back to discussions of the
prototypical and modeling aspects of our favorite railroads. I'll borrow
this from Jon......"We now return you to our regular programming."

                                      Rich Tubbs
                                     Marion, OH
                                    ELHS #1226
                          Former EL Tower Operator
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~tubbs/ErieLackawanna/

Unlimited Internet Service. Earn FREE service.
Reliable, Fast Connections, Thousands of Access Numbers - USA and Canada
No timed disconnects.  No ads.
Find out more at http://www.acc-net.com/Signup/  or call 866-389-5149