RE: (erielack) Train symbols (was: Erie Lackawanna (2))

> How would PN-98 fit into this?  Which, I think, was the e/b
> version of CS-9 on the Greenwood Lake branch and then out to
> Scranton.  It almost always ran at night, I can't recall
> seeing it the daylight.
>
> Henry Jarusik
> New London, Pa.

PN-98 wasn't a E/B CS-9 - It ran daily from Marion-Scranton (Does "PN" stand for Marion or Scranton?). It was slated for departure from Marion at 4:00 AM, with arrival in Scranton at 6:00 AM the next day. The only place you'd see it in daylight would be across NY State (which is why of 8 known photos I have of PN-98, fully 2/3 of them are taken in NY state) - unless, of course, schedules were off (and that wasn't uncommon).