(erielack) Marion Div. post-4/1/76

We all know what happened to the Marion Div. after 4/1/76, but I'm
particularly curious as to changes that took place operational in the succeeding 30-90
days after the takeover.

Was the dispatcher still on duty in Marion station?  if so, for how long?  (I
know CR was still handling traffic through traffic via Akron, thence down the
PRR to Orrville to the PRR main).

I have some infor. (somewhere) that CR locals were established to cover some
of the local service that still was serviced out to Indiana - Anyone know how
this was set up after through-service ceased, and where locals were based?

Did the shops at Marion immediately close after 4/1/76, or did they
experience a 'phased' closure and removal of equipment over time? - When did Union Tank
Car acquire the property?

...and finally, when did the Dayton Branch see its' last train?

Thanks...
Rich Behrendt
ELHS #384