Re: (erielack) QUESTIONS(2)

D.Heckman,
Let me see if I can answer some of your concerns - my answers below your
question in
<<  >>:

> DOES ANY ONE HAVE A TALLY OF HOW MANY DUES PAYING MEMBERS WE HAVE? I SURE
> HOPE SOME ONE CAN COME UP WITH A GOOD ANSWER.

  << At the Jamestown Board meeting, Membership Chairman Bob Rose provided a
head count of approx. 1050 members  >>

 > I  WAS HOPING THAT WHEN I JOINED THE ELHS I COULD FIND OUT OTHER INFO.
> ABOUT MY FAMILY. FROM WHAT I HAVE LEARNED MOST OF THE INFO. ON THE ERIE RR IS
> LOCKED UP IN AKRON U. IN OHIO .

  <<  Of the items the Archives has, the one item we don't have are past
employee records - I assume that they were kept up in Cleveland where the EL was
headquartered, but what happened to them after the CR takeoever I can't say -
we get many inquires asking about information on a past employee or relative,
but the fact is, we don't have them.  With things like sensitive medical &
personnel records along with recorded social security numbers, they were probably
destroyed...

Regarding the material in Crawford County, (Meadville) PA., I don't have much
information on the group responsible there, or in terms of their accessiblity
to the vast amount of material I've heard they have, but if you were able to
get information from them, can you share with the list how you were able to
get access to those records?, as I'm sure there are others out there that would
appreciate that information... >>

Rich Behrendt
ELHS #384
ELHS Archives Committee Secretary