From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
To: "'Todd Hollritt'" <thollritt_@_yahoo.com>; <erielack@railfan.net>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 10:11 AM
Subject: RE: (erielack) Rupert, PA (was: Up periscope!)

> Todd Hollritt posted:
>
> >Witness C898 entering Rupert Yard on the Bloomsburg Branch. Yes, a
Lackawanna line blessed with clearences any Erie man would love.

> Here's a question for a Bloomsburg Branch neophyte...
>
> I've mentioned in the past that we like to go out to Knoebels Amusement
Park in Elysburg, PA. Driving down from Route 80, you parallel the former
Bloom across the river from Catawissa, PA. I assume the little hamlet at the
north end of this stretch is Rupert? Where exactly was the station/yard
area? The former RDG (I assume) girder bridge is just south of the hamlet
(with some cabooses displayed on it now), and it swings to the north, but
the north end of the span is hanging in the air - where did the RDG track go
from here to meet the EL?