Re: (erielack) Marion Div. post-4/1/76(3)

Rich,

> Is it possible maybe C&O, NYC or Pennsy Sandusky line dispatchers were
> located in the station?

   <<  I'm not aware of any other dispatchers being located in Marion besides
the Erie/EL>>

> When I arrived in Marion in September of 76, there were two or three ctc
> machines in the office in a corner about mid way in the shop building facing
> South.  The far west one was mostly  out of service.  If  I'm not mistaken,
> when the Erie Western took over the west end, that west machine was trucked back
> to Huntington.  I think that it was a former manager of the Erie Western
> told me that. Years ago that machine was located there and I beleive it was
> combined into the Marion office after EL days.

   << Steve Timko indicated that shortly after C-day, one dispatcher was
relocated to Youngstown to cover from Kent westward for that portion still in
service, so what you describe above would match that...>>

Thanks as always Rich

Rich Behrendt
ELHS #384