Re: (erielack) Erie Wyoming Division

I remember the Scranton Branch and hiking up to the Wyoming Division "main"
to Rock Junction. The line traveled as you describe. Saco was a depot where the
Erie stored cars in need of repair. Rolling stock was then sent down to the
Dunmore shops for the needed work.

From what I know, the Wyoming was severed around 1974 mainly due to light
traffic and the need for EL to save money.

If you'll both send offlist, there is much that we can put together. I
remember some of the villages that you described. One of my goals is to gather as
much information on the Wyoming Valley Division as we can as it's a division
that was never much photographed but was very important to the Erie until the
decline of coal traffic.

I look forward to hearing from you both.

Rick Sedlisky
ELHS #3319