(erielack) EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

Sant Claus came early this year and from the South Pole. Well, almost. Last
week a large package arrived from my good friends Laura and Steve Adair in New
Zealand. In it was an envelope that had been mailed to Steve by a Mr. Peter
Stukowski of Nicholson, Pa. I didn't get a chance to look through everything
until a couple of days ago and what a surprise I got. In it was a a booklet
published by the Nicholson Area Library in 1976 titled The Bridge Was Built
detailing the construction of the famous Tunkhannock Viaduct. It is a 16 page
pictorial history of the construction of this engineering marvel from start to finish
with only a ferw lines fo text but the photos tell it all. I wasn't even
aware the book existed. What a nice present!!! Also included were a color postcard
showing the viaduct from the air and a newpaper article from thr Scranton
Times dated Novemeber 6, 1915, the day the bridge was formally opened.

Al Holleuffer