(erielack) Erie Lackawanna Women

The Erie Lackawanna list is mostly male. Are there any women out there who
worked the Erie, DLW and Erie Lackawanna who will share their work expreriences?

Can you document for us your experiences as women; what your postions were in
the corporate structures of EL and the predecessors? How were you treated as
a female?  Did you feel "equal" as a railroader? Being a woman in whatever
postition  you held, what was expected of you? Did you ever receive off-handed
"remarks"? If so, say so. Let everyone know.

This post is not about women's rights. It's about knowing how a woman worked
as a railroader. Of course, rights come into play, that's a given. Be you male
or female, you are the railroaders who we document. This post is about female
railroaders.

I want to know what you as a woman experienced as a member of Erie, DLW and
Erie Lackawanna.

No other railway historical society as asked this question. As a member of
ELHS, I ask because I think all must be documented.

If we are to document Erie Lackawanna and the predecessors, then all must be
put into the books. Tell us. We want to know.

Rick Sedlisky
ELHS #3319

End of EL List Daily V3 #1503