(erielack) Lake Jct and Chester branch hike pics.

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser:

http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-20-04

LkJ28.jpg (image/jpeg, 249833 bytes)
LkJ27.jpg (image/jpeg, 208309 bytes)
LkJ26.jpg (image/jpeg, 213728 bytes)
LkJ23.jpg (image/jpeg, 187452 bytes)
Ches19.jpg (image/jpeg, 208355 bytes)
Ches22.jpg (image/jpeg, 200276 bytes)
Ches9.jpg (image/jpeg, 210270 bytes)
Ches3.jpg (image/jpeg, 146714 bytes)
Ches20.jpg (image/jpeg, 153755 bytes)
Ches4.jpg (image/jpeg, 175654 bytes)

Hi,
I took a walk around Wharton the last 2 Sundays. Checked out the Morris
Canal, Scrub Oaks Mine, Lk Jct, The CNJ lines, and the DLnW Chester branch.

I found the remaining wreckage of the EL Lk Jct wreck and the two EL gons in
the yard.

The Chester branch is in horrible shape. Most of the remaining ties are
splintered into pieces, The rail is barely held down in places and there are
many DLnW screw spikes remaining. I remember seeing some of these on the
Morristown Line in Denville way back when I was a kid. I don't know how cars
stay on this track.

You can see the rest of the pictures here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v37/MIKEdc3/

You have to enter pics as the password, and then go to the Lake Jct and
Chester Branch album.