(erielack) Erie & B & O

My Erie Railroad map of the early 1950's shows that the Dayton Branch
continuing on south and then west to Indianapolis, via trackage rights
over the B & O.  It also shows the Bradford Division continuing on south
via trackage rights over the B & O.  Curiously, this allowed the Erie to
call its Indianapolis office an "on-line" office.

My question is whether the Erie had a unique relationship with the B & O
to allow the Erie to incorporate these two sections of B & O line into
its own system.  The second question is whether there were any other
sections of B & O track over which the Erie had trackage rights.  Third,
did the Erie have this kind of relationship with any other railroad?

Thanks.

Ken Bush