Re: (erielack) NYC & DLW former interchange

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser:

http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-30-04

Corning-Painted_Post.jpg (image/jpeg, 259802 bytes)

Chris,

Since you and several other people expressed an interest and me being a
map geek, I've included a map of the Painted Post-Corning area with the
various railroads superimposed on a modern street layout. It isn't
totally accurate, just a fast and dirty, but it gives a good idea of how
tracks were arranged in later years.

The map doesn't explicitly show the old Erie main prior to relocation in
the early 1950's, but Route 352 is effectively the ROW through Corning.

Regards,

Will Shultz

Christopher Thurner wrote:

>Listers:
>
>Will Shultz wrote:
>
>Oh! I drive to and from work along the old NYC Falls Road now NS
>(they've been adding new tracks to the former NYC yard where the NYC and
>DL&W used to interchange).
>
>Will (or others in the know) -
>
>Where is this exactly (i.e. nearest town, highway) etc.?
>
>Is this just of 17 just north of Corning?
>
>Regards,
>
>Chris Thurner

End of EL List Daily V3 #1513