RE: (erielack) GMY head end express boxcar

I'm curious about this myself. You rarely see photos of the GMY-painted boxcars in passenger service on the EL; most often you saw baggage cars handling express service. Most of the cars that got repainted GMY were eventually (most have repack dates of 1968 or 1969) restencilled into the 50400-series and used in freight service, many lasting up to CR in their GMY paint with white restencilled lettering.

I have NEVER seen a photo showing a BX (AAR classification for these cars) in a freight train, but that doesn't necessarily mean it never happened. Mike, what era are you modeling?

Does anyone know what the boxcars fell into disfavor? And for that matter, what happened to the Erie's express boxcars? Why were they not repainted into GMY? Did the EL just lose the express business and the cars were surplus?

	- Paul