Re: (erielack) FW: Flooding at Del Water Gap station

I think DL&W engineering part of constructing the original  railroad line
through the Water Gap is the same as what other railroads did  through mountains.
It was cheaper and allowed for easier grades to follow river  valleys through
the mountains. I guess they took their chances with periodic  flooding of the
river instead of spending much more on tunnels and bridges  and other
expensive engineering projects.

Ray

In a message dated 4/7/2005 10:18:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,