(erielack) Web site with some very cool old photo's

- - ----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael DeCarlo" <mikedc3_@_optonline.net>
To: "EL List" <erielack_@_railfan.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:05 AM
Subject: (erielack) Web site with some very cool old photo's

> One pic that stood out to me is at:
> http://www.family-images.com/nj/misc/1916%20Train%20Wreck%201916%20Byrum%20N
> J.jpg
> It's a wreck scene from 1916 in Byram NJ along the NJ cut off. It looks to
> me this was taken between Lk. Lackawanna and the CR 605 bridge, looking
> east. This is the only area in Byram I can think of with a slope on one
> side
> and a hill on the other and it looks way too high up to be anywhere on the
> Sussex branch. Anyway, Hope you all enjoy the site.

It's a different township.  The Sussex Branch went through Byram, not
Byrum.  I saw this photo on eBay once and tried looking up the accident
in the newspapers.  I found no local mention of it.

Dave
- --
The First Railroad in Sussex County New Jersey
http://DLW-SussexBranch.com
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

End of EL List Daily V3 #1613