Re: (erielack) Lackawanna Bumper Monument... The Answer.... !

In a message dated 4/8/2005 1:13:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
paultup_@_lucent.com writes:

Hi  all,

Just got back from lunch in Morristown where I noticed that within  the
nicely manicured front lawn of the former Lackawanna station, there is a  "typical"
DL&W concrete bumper (at roughly a right angle to the station).  There was
never a siding here, so obviously someone moved it to this location.  I didn't
see any signage around it identifying to the general public what it  was, but
it's very easily seen from Morris Avenue, right in front of the  station. I'd
never noticed it before.

Anyone know a) when it was put  here, b) where it came from, and c) who put
it here?

- -  Paul

Hey there Paul..
Ok, heres the answer..
That bumping block came from the front of the Convent Station freight
house.. They removed it from there several years ago, and it disappeared for
awhile, and showed up on the lawn at morristown station not too long ago.. why,  I
don't know, and how I don't know!
It wasnt from the old Morristown Freight yard.. No remnants of that..

- -Pat