(erielack) S.J. Groves / Kodak

Al wrote:

>The RS2, which had been upgraded to RS3 specs, was stored for a while in the
>NYS&W's roundhouse in Little Ferry and later was sold to Eastman Kodack Co. in
>Rochester, NY, as their plant switcher. It was originally owned by the
>Minnesota Comercial RR. I have slides of it sitting a Grove's shop by Laurel Avenue
>in Livingston inits origianal MCRR paint. It was donated to the local NRHS
>chapter some years ago. Naporano scrapped the two U-boats when BN retired them.

A minor correction:  The Groves RS3 was Kodak's number EK-5.  This unit was not donated
by Kodak, but was sold by them, and eventually made its way to the collection of the Illinois
Railway Museum.

Kodak's EK-6 (80 ton GE) and EK-9 (Alco RS-1) were donated to the Rochester Chapter NRHS,
in 1981 and 1997 respectively, and reside at its museum in Rush, NY.  The RS-1 started out as
a Chicago & Western Indiana unit, so it very probably switched Dearborn Terminal (with Erie and
EL passenger trains) during its first 20 years <list content>

JR