(erielack) First Annual ELH&TS Meeting/Convention

The Erie Lackawanna Historical & Technical Society is very pleased to
announce the Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation Society has invited
ELH&TS members to participate in their first annual convention at
Scranton, Pennsylvania in October 2005. This allows all ELH&TS members
to participate in the activities with peer status and receive all
special rates negotiated on transportation, accommodations, etc.,
arranged by the ELDCPS for their convention. Visit the ELDCPS web site
for more details about the convention and activities planned:
www.eldcps.org. More information will also be posted on the ELH&TS web
site (www.elhts.org) in the next few days.

In conjunction with the ELDCPS convention, the Erie Lackawanna
Historical & Technical Society will hold its first annual general
membership meeting. Although we are primarily a web based organization,
we firmly believe our members benefit from the opportunity to meet one
another in person on a regular basis. What better location than Scranton
with its rich Lackawanna, Erie, Erie Lackawanna, New York Susquehanna &
Western and Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley heritage, not to mention many
other railroads to which they all interchanged.

Additional activities around Scranton are; Steamtown is celebrating its
tenth anniversary this year and if you haven't been there in some time I
believe you will be pleased with the progress they have made. The
Electric City Trolley Museum adjacent to Steamtown which runs trips on
the former L&WV right of way and of course the world famous Lackawanna
Coal Mine. There is a great deal to see and explore in the area for the
railroad and anthracite coal mining industry historian, modeler and fan.

We hope our members will be able to join us in Scranton this October and
participate in what promises to be a superb event for the ELDCPS and the
ELH&TS.

Will Shultz
President - ELH&TS
www.elhts.org