Re: (erielack) Phoebe, on the Metro North

Philip,

The Lackawanna Limited and then Phoebe Snow went as far as it COULD go,
Buffalo. Westbound it connected with and had through cars for, the
Nickel Plate's Number 5, the Nickel Plate Limited. The NKP of course
used the Lackawanna's Buffalo Terminal as its eastern passenger
terminal. I doubt the Nickel Plate wanted to rename their train to
accommodate the Lackawanna.

The eastbound Lackawanna Limited/Phoebe Snow did not carry through cars
from the Nickel Plate or any other connection, instead the Nickel Plate
Limited's eastbound connection was with the Lackawanna's "The New Yorker".

Regards,

Will Shultz