RE: (erielack) Phoebe, on the Metro North

I'm not an expert on the EL, (surprise,) but I have an Official Guide, from
Oct. 1963, showing three trains between New York and Chicago: The Pacific
Express, westbound; Atlantic Express, eastbound; The Lake Cities; and the
Erie Lackawanna Limited.  No Phoebes at that time. Those three train names
are also in my 1959 and 1960 pre-merger Erie folders, (of course without
the "Lackawanna.")
The EL had a train to Elmira called the Twilight; appropriate for the
twilight years of passenger service, I think.
In 1960, a ticket from Elmira to New York City, on the Erie, cost $9.61;
from Chicago to New York, $31.66.  Today I sell tickets from Morristown to
New York for $8.55.  And don't figure on taking Amtrak to Elmira; because
it doesn't go there.
Philip