Re: (erielack) NJT Photo permit procedure Here is a story

Rich,

Disturbing story.  Most of us have probably had at least one dealing with a
"Stubby".  Nevertheless, I wouldn't let this horror story deter us from
taking photographs.  We just have to be prepared to stand up for our
rights.  Hopefully that doesn't mean the worst-case scenario as you've
graphically detailed.

Chuck

                      Rich Young
                      <ryoungceo_@_yahoo.co
                      m>                  To:     erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 (erielack) NJT Photo permit procedure  Here is a story

                      04/21/2005 01:29 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Rich Young

List
 A story of a "friend" train watching and experience
with the U.S. Secret Police.

 A "friend" decided to watch some trains one Saturday
at a Chicago Suburban Metra Station with his three
year old son one day while waiting for his wife while
she was visiting her friend who had just had a baby
and was in the hospital a couple of blocks a way. This
"friend thought it would be fun to get some Mc
Donald's for lunch and sit and WATCH (not photograph)
some trains. The local police station is right next to
the platform.

well a local constable I'll call "stubby" (you know
the type 5'5" 165# and compensating for lack of
length) pulled up and went in to the station and when
he came back out 45 min later still saw my "friend"
sitting there as a Metra train was leaving. Stubby
decided to investigate. Stubby went up and asked What
they were doing? Well, the three year old said " we're
watching blue diesels and yellow diesels" ( He uses a
very simple diesel classification system)  Well , upon
hearing this asked my "Friend" to come over and show
ID. He stated that it was in the car and asked why he
needed to show ID. Well stubby proceeded to tell that
ID is required at all times and to turn and face the
fence for a pat down. once patted down stubby told him
it's illegal to even watch trains or infrastructure in
the US and this was coming from the Dept. of Homeland
Security. He then want my "friend" to go with him to
the car and get his ID. So he called his son over to
go to the car. This is where it got ugly.

Stubby wanted him to leave his son unattended on the
platform while they did this. As extremely well
behaved as the boy is he is still three and unattended
on the busy three track main of the yellow railroad
was unacceptable. Taking his son and walking to his
car the officer proceeded  to want to search his
vehicle. Expounding the virtues of the new patriot act
along the way and all the powers that it gives him.
Politely explain that there was no probable cause He
would not give him permission nor let him do it and to
call his watch commander over from the station, and
also politely stating to him what my friend would do
if he did search the car without his permission. After
the watch commander came out and intervened took my
friends information in the interum my "friend" called
his friend who is a prosicutor in the county DA's
office who told the watch commander to leave them
alone and the cops decided he was not a threat.

Two months later he was at the Green and Orange
railroad and was being scoped out by the Green and
Orange Railroad  Undercover police Again at a  Blue
Metropolitan Mass Transit  Station . ( Can't tell
their under cover with polyester black creased pants
and thick rubber soled black dress shoes pretending to
read an upside down newspaper). After being watched
for 40 Min the officer approached to make idle
conversation. My friend pulled out his ID and said
"You're going to ask for this anyways might as well
save you the trouble" somewhat stunned the officer
asked how he knew and was veery nice about it  took
his information and continued to walk the platform got
on his assigned train and left.

Later my friend took the Blue Metropolitan Mass
Transit into the big shouldered city and again was
approach while looking at the Silver w/Blue and Red
striped trains at the staion. Again ID was asked and
supplied. MInd you the Green and Orange Under cover
police were very polite ,even appologetic and not like
stubby.

THIS IS Where it gets interesting and very disturbing.

While at the railroad museum my friend voluteers at
an Officer of the US Sectret police, I mean Dept. of
home lond spying showed up proceeded to run the
license plates of all the cars in the lot and went
into the office to ask for a name and address list of
all the societies volunteers. This request was denied
and the Secret Police went on his way.

Well, one day an Officer of the U.S. Secret police
shows up at my friends office for an interview. This
was because his name came up in thier system more than
a few times. During the interview he asked How they
even knew where he worked as that information was
never given.  During the course of the evasive asnwers
the S.S.  officer would respond to while interviewing
him the S.S. officer got a phone call and asked for my
"friend" to excuse him. Implying for my "friend" to
leave his own office in his own business. Thinking
fast he continued to sit and motioned to the door and
said " sure go ahead".  While out of his office he
looked in his file quickly and found his credit
reports, list of previous addresses, familly members
names and addresses, previous employers and medical
records.... When the '"officer" came back my friend
told him to wait there went  and got  his video camera
and showed the officer the offending video all of it
being more the reaction of his son seeing the trains
than the trains itself and none of it  of the
infrastructure then told the officer to poop or get
off the pot. That this infringement of personal rights
while maybe "Legal" under the poopriot act  but was
disgusting and reprehensible and that his facist nazi
loving ass was staining hisoffice  furniture.  And
that he either needed to arrest him or get the #&Y%
out of his office.  He was quick thinking enough to
borrow a few sheets of evidence from his file and
stored them at his lawyers for future use if needed.

Since then,  my friend ALWAYS gets pulled in the
airport was completly searched when he flew one way
tickets on a three legged trip and had his luggage
"lost" for two days each way and poorly repacked after
they went through it showing no attempt to even hide
the fact they it was fully searched.

So , people if you think that this can't  or won't
happen to you, you are wrong, they are looking
,creating files, and digging into normal peoples lives
all under the guise of the "poopriat  act"  (
misspelled intentionally) he has since joined the ACLU
 in earnest. My suggestion is go and read the poopriat
act in full and you will have an eye opening
expeirience as to what the secret police can do. The
Dept. of secret police has issued "  Guidlines" to
local municpalities as to what to do thus washing
thier hands of any responsibility  in any personal
rights enfringement  law suits by saying there are
only guidlines with NO LAW to back them they let the
local cops screw up when they made the judgement call
to go to far, but most people bow down and don't stand
up for them selves and if they do than they have
something to hide.

The point of this is to let you know that there are
consiquences for what you are doing and fhat these
guys are not screwing around, so be careful

Rich Young

Erie Rules!!!  Required Erie Content.