Re: (erielack) DL&W Freight Cars

In a message dated 4/21/2005 1:09:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wshultz1_@_twcny.rr.com writes:
The DL&W 10000 series box express cars were classified as AAR
designation BX. They feel under the rules governing passenger equipment and
were to be confined to passenger service only. Different rules applied to
general interchange freight equipment. In fact, the AAR rules considered it misuse
if the cars were diverted to freight service except under very specific
conditions and then only with the owners knowledge.
Does this mean that the cars could be used on foreign road passenger trains?
The reason I ask is I hvae a Milwaukee Road orange express reefer that IMO
looks good with the Erie TTG consist.

Thanks  Andy Cole