Re:Re: (erielack) EL "freelanced" layouts...

As another example, the Erie-controlled New York & New England lives and grows in O scale in my New Hampshire basement.  Leaving the Graham Line near Highland Mills, it crosses the Hudson River at Bear Mountain, bypasses Poughkeepsie and joins real railroads at Brewster.  Thence Danbury, Waterbury, Hartford, Willimantic and Worcester, then B&M to Oakfield and North Station, Boston.

A mighty scheme for a loop around the basement, but it keeps me creative and may allow some interaction with the B&M's Peterboro Branch, which is where I live now.

Randy Brown
Paul/List:

My feelings are shading towards a hybrid of the two.  Wherein, the EL didn't get into Conrail and maintained itself independently over the ensuing years.

The problem I've encountered, since moving down here to the Mason-Dixon Line area, is how to selectively compress the distance from what I'm familiar with [NYC, Pearl River, and Binghamton] yet still maintain a decent realistic presentation by including Brandywine Valley RR items and the CSX mainline that I come across every day.

Given that scenario, my Goodness, the EL certainly did well as a business over the past 30 years to now include this much larger geographic area!