Re: (erielack) Speaking of radios & Speed Signs on the..... SOUTHERN

- --- ELdispatcher_@_aol.com wrote:
> Amtrak has an answer to a tamper proof permanent speed sign.  They are
> in the catenery wires above the trolley line, in advance of each
> restriction.
> Rich Pennisi

...right where the Pennsy put them.

Did other railroads using overhead electrification do anything similar?

The only signs I remember the DLW putting up there were at the end of the
wire: "DC MOTOR STOP".  Today, NJT has signs up in the catenary at phase
gaps on the Morristown Line (near Cory Rd, Morristown, between Maplewood
and South Orange, and opposite the Meadowlands Maintenance Center; also
the voltage change between KJ and Swift) indicating the number of car
lengths from the gap; I presume this is to guide engineers.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey

http://www.geocities.com/gkazin/index.html