(erielack) Re: Marine equipment modeling

Hi Ralph and list;

Ralph wrote:

	. . .  However, a good way to experience this is a tour by
Conrad Milster at I believe Hofstra University in NYC......He is their
chief engineer  (not sure of his actual title), and he maintains the
schools steam operated power plant. He does do tours, and I have been
told he does sometimes do presentations, with sound and all  . . .

Conrad is the chief engineer (I'm also not sure of his exact title) of
Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, where he still maintains their (oil-fired)
steam-powered power plant. I took one of his tours as an Industrial
Design student there in the early eighties. Haven't been back since, but
am hoping to visit this year as it will be my 20th reunion; when last I
spoke with Conrad at the ELHS spring meet in Parsippany (2003?) he was
very open to showing off his baby; I can try to find out contact info if
anyone is interested. It really is worth seeing...

HTH;
Jim Harr