RE: (erielack) Meat / BD Tower

Chuckj Yungkurth wrote:
> Maybe SGL can shed more light on the towers since he is a
> native of the area and my recollections only go back to '53.
> We wasted all our time and film on roster shots locos and
> wedge views of trains in those days and never paid much
> attention to facilities, much to our regret!

Chuck, I can't do much more than confirm what you've written in your post which ended with the above
quote.  I have a delicate drawing which shows the DL&W roundhouse in the middle of the wye.  When I
first got this is really rattled my cage, as I couldn't believe it, but my dad confirmed that it was
once there.  He, however, couldn't remember when it might have been torn down/moved.  Clearly, the
date of the construction of East Binghamton (is 1929 correct; that's my recollection) would be a
good place to start.  If so, my dad would have been 13 at that time, so not noticing wouldn't be
surprising.  As for me, I was all of >five< years old when you moved to Binghamton, Chuck.  My
parents wouldn't let me leave the house by myself, let alone with the camera, even though at that
age I was fascinated by trains.  How unreasonable!

SGL