Re: (erielack) Meat / BD Tower

Thanks, Tom.  I had passed through on NY-17 (I believe it's been renumbered
now, is that true?) a few years ago and was surprised to see the tracks
gone from the old station site in Vestal (the station was moved a block or
two away some years ago, as you know).  So, the amount of track still
remaining on the old DL&W ROW from Binghamton west, including that which is
out of service, would be about how many miles would you say?

Chuck

                      "Tom Beckett"
                      <tabeckett_@_stny.rr.
                      com>                To:     <Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com>
                      Sent by:            cc:     <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 Re: (erielack) Meat / BD Tower

                      01/09/2006 12:24 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tom Beckett"

It extends from a connection with the Johnson Runner(former DLW westbound
main) near CP JOHNSON(was West BD) to a point just east of the bridge where

it crossed over Old Vestal Rd, and serves the former NYSEG Goudy Station in

JC, and National Pipe and Plastic in Vestal. West of there, it is out of
service and abandonded as far as African Rd, where the rail trail starts.
The trail goes to Main St in Vestal. West of there, NY 17 is on the ROW
pretty much all the way to Elmira. The trail is paved and is a nice place
walk. It has become very popular.

Tom B