Re: (erielack) Re: NYSME

I don't have any pictures, but I do have a map of the railroad. This is from
'48, the first year's open house, and shows the (long range)plan, with the
temporary loops superimposed. My folks took me to see it for several years.
One of my memories from the first visit was a neat heavyweight passenger
train of 8-10 cars (my passenger trains were three Lionel '30s tinplate cars),
being pulled by an 0-6-0---a Hudson with no leading or trailing truck.
I recall later visits with the big Delaware Water Gap mountain, and the
passenger/ferry terminal under construction-and of course, the Phoebe Snow.
Somewhere also is a picture of the golden spike "ceremony", with Clark Pool and Wm
White, from the Newark Evening News.
Jim Dalberg