Re: (erielack) FW: ICS Scranton Pennsylvania

Paul,

If I recall correctly, ICS was originally located near downtown Scranton back
in the 50s or perhaps as late as the early 60s. The company eventually moved
to Oak Street in North Scranton, just below the EL mainline.

I don't know when they went out of business but another company in a similar
business is there now. The current company might have acquired ICS, which is
what I believe happened.

Good places to contact are either The Scranton Times-Tribune, the Scranton
Public Library system or Scranton Tomorrow. The last one knows quite a bit of
the history of Scranton and its suburbs. Scranton Tomorrow can be accessed at
www.Scrantontomorrow.org

Another possible source of information is the Lackawanna County Historical
Society.at www.lackawannahistory.org

Hope this helps.

Rick

End of EL List Daily V3 #1894