(erielack) Train Symbol Part 2

That's one of the neat things about model RRing, you can do whatever you
want and use whatever train identifier works for you. Freight train symbols
is a rather large topic which I won't delve into here, but EL's rather
chaotic symboling "system" did include some alphanumerics with yard call
letters  from time to time. Some examples:

HF-98  Meadville
N-98    Huntington
SJ-98  Lima
XC-91 Maybrook
RN-91 Marion
BX-91 Buffalo

You might want to check out Fred Gray's excellent train symbol web page for
ideas.
http://www.geocities.com/gero404/gray/el_ops.html

Paul B

Good Morning!  What I am doing is using the yard symbols as the train
symbols. A example would be HF/PO, for a Meadville eastbound freight
train to Port Jervis.  I like using symbols that are a little easier to
understand. I would like to use MDV for Meadville, JMT for Jamestown and
SAL for Salamanca makes more sense to me.
Mike Dickinson
quite warm in Jamestown NY Was 58 in Dunkirk NY yesterday