Re: (erielack) More Cool Stuff

The picture is a bit fuzzy but I think what you're seeing is some residual on the bottom of these cars. If you have EL in Color vol 1, look at the photo at the bottom of p. 96, showing the 77 ton cars being loaded at Cleveland. The ore is nearly 2/3 up the car side and still coming in; nowhere near the top but enough to more or less cover the inside angle braces. However I like your theory of the cars returning west after a trip to Meadville shops for repairs.

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Smtimko_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net ; erielack@lists.railfan.net
  Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 6:45 AM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) More Cool Stuff

  The train at BK Jct is a westbound.

  Agreed that the hoppers seem to be ore and it appears strange that it is moving West from Meadville.

  Suggest the following:  Cars previously mishandled at Ferrona or Brier Hill and ended up in Meadville.  Perhaps----cars were bad ordered at Cleveland and lined up for 192 (CM-2) for Brier Hill after repair and perhaps 192 (CM-2) went via 2nd Dist to Meadville.  Cars are returning to Brier Hill.

  Many possible reasons for this move........no real facts.

  smt