RE: (erielack) Re: BD, etc.

Chuck
Binghamton was important in the DL&W scheme of things.  Besides the S&U
traffic being integrated into the through freight (and passenger flow) the
D&H interchange was also significant.  East Binghamton Yard was in support
of these.  DL&W  T&E freight crews and passenger engine crews changed at
Scranton and Elmira while through line passenger train service men changed
at Binghamton.
        IIRC the S&U Division was headquartered at Binghamton in its final
iteration.
        Despite its heavier traffic through Binghamton (and, I believe, to
and from the D&H) the Erie had a leaner presence in Binghamton.
M J Connor