Re: (erielack) EL Comet fleet

Todd Hollritt wrote:

>  I meant to send this Wednesday, I was passing through Boonton
> around 1:30 pm and spotted an F40PH-2 going eastbound with a three
> car commuter train. Intresting thing was the whole consist was
> made up of former Erie Lackawanna Cab-cars! Took the record for
> most airhorns on one NJT train that's for sure.  :)
>
>  Guess their days are really numbered.

I was told by a knowledgable lister that the non-rebuilt Comet I's (with the lower doors) were officially retired right before the New Year. The rebuilds and cab cars will last a little longer until critical mass is reached with the new cars.

<sigh> So modern and new when they arrived on the EL. And to tell you the truth, they really haven't "aged" in terms of looks. And they did manage to survive 35 years in service!