Re: (erielack) Fwd: Sterling mines

Sterling Mountain Rwy was a really interesting little line. Inits las year,
ir posted an operating ration of something like 3842% <g>.

Sterling Iron at the end was a subsidiary of Midvale Steel (a more familiar
name for those who follow either bond marketrs or the history of U.S.
Business).

IIRC there's also a story of this line -- or a ride on it -- by the famous
railroad rider (and one-=time Erie pr guy) Edward Hungerford. I think
there's a little booklet with history and photos and -- a lousy map --
published by one of the railfan grups (NYSME or Railroadians?) in the late
1940s. I thought I had a copy, but don;t see it in the files at the moment.

Cheers.
Jim Guthrie

End of EL List Daily V3 #1902