(erielack) Steamburg Milk Plant

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-01-26-06

P1260003-2-2.jpg (image/pjpeg, 3264x2448 677754 bytes, BF: 11.79 ppb)

Listers, The milk plant in Steamburg is still standing. It is now a
tractor trailer repair place.  I got to talk to a son or cousin of the
owner last Summer. His last name is Arrance, Which I thought was the
name of the plant(?). He was telling me all sort of info, of course I
did not write it down when I got home so I have forgotten most.He told
me who was the first farmer to use tanks as compared to milk cans. It
was a gradual changeover. I do not think they are rail served anymore.
Nothing that big to come in.
  I have this as a shipper on my layout. The plant was one of my first
scratch building projects. It was fun doing the research for it! I
used the old H&R brick veneer sheets. Of course the building was
compressed to fit the area. I have a small layout.
 I have tried to attach some pics of my milk plant

 Mike Dickinson
ELHS#837  ELHTS#80