Re: (erielack) L&HR on EL Mystery

Paul,

  The L&HR vacated the rights to Allentown either just prior to or around the time the CNJ pulled back from PA.  In 1969 If I remember correctly the L&HR was still operating into and out of Allentown.

  Rich

Paul Brezicki <doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net> wrote:
  IIRC, NE-94 was the symbol for the old "Central States Dispatch" runthrough
off the B&O via RDG-CNJ-L&HR-NYNH&H (you can see why they called it the
"Alphabet Route"). By 3/69 the NH had been force-fed to PC, so with much of
L&HR's traffic diverted to an all-PC routing, NE-94 was likely the sole
eastbound manifest. Rich, I was under the impression that L&HR did not have
rights to Allentown (unless perhaps after the trackage became LV in 1972),
but that CNJ was an interline participant for the short Easton-Allentown
segment.

Paul B

I believe this was a detour train due to a derailment on the L&HR. The
trains came off the erie side to Croxton around the horn so to speak and out
the Greenwood Lake Boonton Line to Phillipsburg to get back to the L&HR CNJ
trackage rights to Allentown. The reverse route for trains in the other
direction.

I also photographed L&HR trains during this detour and got them in Netcong
on the PBurg line.

Rich Pennisi
"Paul R. Tupaczewski"
wrote:
Sorry, it's a copywritten image. I would if I could... :(

- - - Paul

Do you Yahoo!?