(erielack) DL&W Hudson

Bill, your Hudson is a beauty! I always get a tinge of regret that more of
us or our Erie and Lackawanna railfan ancestors were not around with savvy
and checks to maybe save a DL&W Hudson or an Erie K5 or Berk. Our respective
roads pulled the plug  on steam rather fast, just a tad too early for the
historians to come running. I had full access in the early Sixties to the
Reading roundhouse in Reading PA, there to find at least a dozen T1s sitting
in storage, some outside by the coal tower as if on the ready track. It was
an awesome discovery of industrial archeology! Those locos were around late
enough for some folks to realize a few could be saved.

So we model....and enjoy the re-creations like Bill's.

Joe Braun