From: "Bill K." <pontiac_@_dreamscape.com>
To: <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:44 PM
Subject: Conrail 1977 track charts

> I picked up a batch of Conrail track chart books updated through Jan 1st
1977
> today - big books covering original divisions with a line diagram chart
> showing track arrangement, signaling and profile.
>
> Of note, Western Region - Ft. Wayne Division.
>
> Included is the Lima Branch between Lima and Elgin OH, and the Hunt Branch
> between Decatur and N. Judson IN.  This would be thr former Erie main
across
> Indiana and part of Ohio.   Possibly the last time they appeared in a
> Conrail track chart book?  These are both shaded as light density - and
the
> digrams are all marked "EL Estate" or "EL Estate Sub".  Seems as though it
> wasn't long after this the Erie Western came about.
>

> Before I put the books on eBay - what I picked them up for, something has
> make up for all the money I spent today - I figured I'd see if anyone here
> was interested in this book, or photocopies of the EL pages for like cost
> plus a couple bucks.  There's about 15 pages, but they're an odd size if I
> include the Conrail charts showing data on the rail and surfacing - this
bar
> graph is normally used to show planned maintenance, but little to none is
> indicated for these lines.  The pages otherwise basically amount to a B&W
> photocopy of original blueprints - at least a couple in former PC
territory
> show where they'd been taped together to complete a page for the book.
>
> No idea what the book is worth but these all show a lot of abandoned
> trackage and an original print for the New Haven I had covering just one
> line sold for about $40 a couple years ago.

Also, looks like $20-$25 a book is the going rate on these, although all the
ones I found listed were newer than these.

I would swap for a book or copies from a book that include the former LV
main line as per the same date 1-1-77 anywhere west of Sayre.   Books which
show the ex-NYC between Albany and Rochester would also be of interest.

> Send me a note off list and we can set something up.
>

> Bill K.

- --
Checked by AVG Free Edition.