RE: (erielack) Walt Smith's #621

Walt- you say:  "U have no idea how happy I was to see my old friend #621
in Mr. Dukarms  fotos. At Youngstown no less...."  Not too many Baldwins
around.  I guess you liked that one.
Also, Pavonia Avenue hasn't changed, underground; the H&M PATH station is
still there.  As for air support, we had a guy running a Burro crane in the
Bergen Hill cut, leading to Journal Square.  He looked up, and saw kids
running away.  The next thing he knew was when he woke up, in the hospital.
The kid made a direct hit.  I was working a tower (phone booth size,)
called Nave, (for Newark Ave.,) on the National Docks, under Dickenson High
School, (with a view of the Erie elevation, sans trains,) and the kiddies
liked to stone me.  I didn't get hit, though.  They put Nave in after the
PC merger, when the B&B department built a bridge from the Pennsy's Passaic
and Harsimus Branch to the National Docks, so they could get trains from
the Meadows to Selkirk.  The kids loved that.  There was more freight, sold
on the streets of New York, from our trains, than you can imagine.
Philip Martin