RE: (erielack) New Photos on Website July 31

Walt,

  He was just a railfan.  He now lives in the Pittsburg area.

  Rich

Walter Smith <wsmith5957_@_hotmail.com> wrote:
  Great seeing the fotos of the RS-3s at Nyack. Typical of the operation,
there's 3 of them sitting near the station probly laying over. Since it's
still light, we can assume it's summertime or they'd be back in Hoboken or
JC for the weekend maybe to pull freight for a day or 2 until returning to
their duties on the Northern line. Neat seeing the Baldwins sitting at Brier
Hill & the background of Sheet & Tube works where they served with their
brethren round the clock. (S&T had it's own fleet of Baldwin switchers (2 or
3] and the ERIE supplemented them with 3 or 4 engines on each shift). These
were pretty good jobs and the S&T had a great cafeteria in the plant where u
could get a full meal for a very reasonable price - even at 3 AM.

Thanks again for a backward look at the railroad. I see that many of the
shots were Martin Zak fotos.........I've seen his name before.......did he
work for the RR or was he a buff?

Regards,

Walter Smith