RE: (erielack) 4-8-4s [was AMC -- I think]

I kinda like "Ramapos . . ." but what the AMC had in mind for the ERIE, of course, was the 2-10-4s
and the 2-6-6-4s which are in ERIE POWER.  Both of them, designed for ERIE style clearances, would
have been LARGE engines.

No clue what they might have call those.  But there wasn't much variation away from Texas.  Not sure
what a 2-6-6-4 would be called, though I'm sure it has a name.

SGL